Skip to main content

Life is full of surprises!

Well, this world is turning more bizarre by the minute don't you think?! I have become in awe at how fast this amazingly vibrant, travelling, economic world can suddenly become so insecure and vulnerable. 
I think until last week, I was pretty much feeling the Corona Virus or Covid19 was 'out there' somewhere but of no real consequence to me personally.................. oh how that was to prove me wrong in a couple of ways!  Firstly, when we started to notice this now infamous panic buying starting in shops. Not our local shops where normal people shop normally (except for the chain chemist, but even they were letting us know if and when we could buy hand gel on line) but the supermarkets with its pile it high mentality. 

Ok - confession time. I now understand this is how panic works. At home, I had a packet of 9 bog rolls and some in the bathrooms. Plenty normally. HOWEVER, should I just buy 1 or 2 extra packets??? Just in case?? What about popping an extra rice and an extra pasta, maybe some tinned tomatoes?? How about tins of veg?? What about, what about, what about?????? Oh for fucks sake woman, will you get a grip!!!!! Extra Biscuits? Hell yea! Some chocolate? Absolutely! Tonic for the Gin? YES!!!!! Now go, get out of that supermarket door and go have a lay down in a darkened room! 

So clothes were starting to come out ready for our long planned super duper expensive luxury  retirement holiday in India and WE WERE GOING! Note the were.......... 2 things happened! 

My Asthma previously wonderfully controlled and happy for the last 13 months decided to play up, and an emergency appointment to the GP meant an emergency trip to the Hospital which meant an emergency trip to the Respiratory Ward with a stinking Chest Infection! 

Now, I live in the West Country and my 'local' Hospital is in Plymouth. Often maligned (as are many huge City Hospitals) but I have nothing but praise for the place especially the Respiratory Ward. I sadly go there enough to be remembered and when you are wheeled on, there is this amazing warmth and love that comes from its team of professionals and I always get a real feeling of 'it's going to be ok'! Literal and physical hugs are given, re-assurances and clear information about meds are given - all the things I need to help me feel ok. 

BUT 13 days to go, we're still going to India!! Ha! Only 3 nights on the Respiratory Ward the Indian Government rescinded all Visas to India so the holiday is off! Husband hugely disappointed, but me strangely enough, not quite so disappointed as proper breathe and I were a bit further away from each other than I'd like them to be.  A very sensible and factual talk with the Ward Manager showed me how much more at risk I am from 'the' Virus given the state of my lungs and that maybe on discharge it might be a good idea to stay away from crowds for a little while etc?? Ok - I don't need telling twice thank you very much. 

So Day 4 I was released from the wards clutches and sent off home, where me and this body are now recovering!  The breathe is starting to come back to normal a bit and as for the luxury holiday??? India will still be there next year - God willing, so it's just postponed by a year! 

So here I am, with a face to frighten children at 10 paces or people in supermarkets attempting to hoard food or bog rolls so feel free to use as you see fit! 

Here's to recovery and the lessening of the impact from Covid19. Keep safe and well and don't forget your neighbours. 

Love always 

Liz x

P.S The amazing travel company we used for our India trip and I would recommend to anyone is Imagine Travel - wonderful company with wonderful people! https://www.imaginetravel.com/imagine-asia/indian-subcontinent


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strike a pose! Its all about the hands!

We (Husband and I) were very, very pleased to have a voucher as one of our retirement gifts for a photo shoot with  an incredibly talented and award winning photographer in our area - Martyn Norsworthy. I know Martyn really well and he's photographed me before, both for business and personally.   He knows I'm never pleased with how I look, despite all appearances to the contrary and I'm very low on self esteem and personal body image.  It didn't help that unusually for us, husband and I had a quite blistering row the night before. Well I say row; I shouted and himself listened! You know how it goes don't you! :)  Anyway, the whole shoot was brilliant and a very sneak peek re-assured me that the photos would look ok.  Well, they were more than ok, and we were incredibly pleased, however, there were the usual comments from me - can you make my teeth whiter, can you crop it a bit so you can't see how big chested I am, etc etc. But then came a bit of a gam

Well I never! (** warning - sweary post**)

Well I fucking never!!!!!!!! Talk about bad to fucking worse!!! 57 days after the first case of recorded Covid-19 in the UK we as a country are locked down........... It's almost beyond comprehension isn't it!!??  Myself in particular things went slightly from bad to worse with a return to hospital 3 days after being discharged, only this time my Asthma was really in overdrive and the big guns were wheeled out, i,e: Strong drips and other shag me dead strong medication 🙈  Another 7 days confined to the brilliant respiratory ward again, I was allowed home, you could tell things were ramping up at the hospital and there was an awful sense of waiting for the worst to happen, so I wanted to be home an d if the end of the world was coming I wanted it to be at home with my love.  Of course it doesn't seem like the world is ending but some people have definitely lost their marbles by the way they're behaving! Fucking idiots is one of the milder ones I've yelled at t